Feeling inspired? Here’s how you can support the Trillion Trees Vision
The Trillion Trees Vision is not only big and bold, but necessary. And it is a shared vision that is only achievable through concerted action by all sectors of society.
It means doing what must be done to stop climate change, whilst also maintaining our planet’s other vital support systems, including biodiversity, and supporting sustainable development for local people.
It means not only ending deforestation, but reversing it.
It requires commitment and action from governments, businesses, non-governmental organisations, communities and individuals all across the world.
There has been a wave of corporate and government commitments to end deforestation, and there’s more public and private funding available than ever before, but if the investment isn’t put to work, for the right trees in the right places, we will not see the returns we and the planet urgently need.
One trillion trees is the investment of the century.
Think big and be part of the global effort.
We are currently looking for additional finance to support the Landscape Ventures profiled on our website, and many others around the world.
Get in touch with our team to find out how we can tailor and link your finance to the right landscape or programme.
We also welcome support for Trillion Trees more generally.
Please get in touch with the Trillion Trees by using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
The task ahead may seem daunting, but there are many ways each of us help progress towards the trillion.
Individuals must act.
- Learn about the environmental impacts of the products you use, and how you can make better choices by selecting products and brands that commit to responsible, deforestation-free sourcing.
- Support community and political leaders who advocate for better protection for forests in your own country, as well as policies to save forests around the world.
- Plant trees in your own community, and donate to forest conservation and restoration projects that help protect forests worldwide.
Companies and financial institutions must act.
- Understand how forests are impacted through your business model, supply chains, lending and investments, and work to reduce and eliminate negative impacts, and proactively support positive impacts for forests.
- Join and support initiatives within your sector to develop and standardise better practices, including to achieve zero-deforestation associated with your operations and in critical landscapes for conservation.
- Invest in or contribute to forest conservation and restoration initiatives beyond your immediate supply chain and operations, to secure the sustainable landscapes we need.
Policy makers must act.
- Turn your government’s commitments on climate, biodiversity and forests into reality. That’s likely to require working with partners and looking for new ways to secure the resources we need to protect, restore and maintain forests.
- Learn more about how forests represent a truly cost-effective solution for tackling climate change and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, and support policies that incentivise forest conservation and restoration.
Get in touch
Please note: our partnership aims to unlock further finance for forests: we don’t have funds available to donate to other projects. So please don’t contact us to request funding as we won’t be able to help, but good luck with finding support for your forest project!